The Portuguese language is today a global language and writers like Camões and Pessoa are universal references.
In this walk we present these and other names of Portuguese Literature. We focus on aspects of their literary production and its importance, besides delicious details concerning the intense life they led.
And if there is something that unites them all, that is the universality of their works and their humanist attitude.
In this Walking Tour you will become familiar with:
- The “father” of Portuguese theatre, Gil Vicente
- The romantic age as seen by Eça de Queiroz
- Pessoa and the Modernist generation
- The sermons of Father António Vieira
- António José da Silva (the Jew): operas and puppets (?)
- The erotic poetry of Bocage – prohibited during Salazar’s dictatorship
- The aspirations of the Generation of 1870